Friday, December 31, 2010

The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly: A Few Things I Learned In 2010

They are totally wrong when they say that nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. I can think of lots of foods that don't apply. However, this year I learned that being thinner feels really great.

Sometimes following your heart is harder than following your brain, but much more important.

Children can get sick and die.

I'm more resilient than I thought.

Sometimes having lunch with your father is more important than a party with friends.

True friends are there for you in both the good and bad times. In fact they are even more available in the bad times as a shoulder to cry on.

Watching the clock is no way to live.

Life is what happens when we are busy making plans.

A hug from a truly innocent two year old can put you in a good mood for hours.

Some of the most important people are the ones that society pretends not to see.

Taking chances is really important.

Having great blog readers fends off any potential loneliness, so thank you!

1 comments to blog for:

Karen said...

Happy New Year! I hope 2011 brings you new challenges, fantastic fun, and plenty of time to relax.