Friday, June 5, 2009

One Year Ago Today...

Dear Sassy,
One year ago today I called home from Italy to check in with you.  You then informed me that your life had changed forever.  What I couldn't have predicted was how much my life would change too.
Over the past year you have become the woman that I always knew you could be.  You are independent, wicked smart, kick ass funny, and so many other things. 
You took one of the most difficult situations that life can throw at you and chose to rise above it.  
I am so proud of you and can't believe how far you have come. 
You will never know how awesome you are.  Your strength blows me away.  Thank you for the laughs and the girl's nights.  Thank you for the cards and the hugs.  I am so proud of you!

I wrote this in the sand after our phone call.  It's hard to believe that it has been a year. I imagine all of those grains of sand have travelled just as far as you have. 
Smooches and Mariska Hargitay

0 comments to blog for: